VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 to 14 hamburger buns, split
- Place roast in a Dutch oven or large kettle. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, water, celery, onion, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender and pulls apart easily. Shred meat with two forks. Serve on buns. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Shredded Pork Sandwiches in Country Extra July 1997, p51
Reviews forShredded Pork Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2012
"Very easy&tastey, not too sweet"
Reviewed May. 9, 2011
"Very Very Good!"
Reviewed May. 5, 2011
"This was a bit blah. It was a nice start but I had to add more flavor."