These mouthwatering country ribs get tender quickly under pressure. “Mom’s pressure cooker makes things easy for our family of three.”—Anna Minegar, Zollo Springs, Florida.
Recommended: Slow Cooker Sandwich Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 to 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Place the ribs in a pressure cooker; add 4 cups water. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 25 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Combine the flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pressure cooker from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Remove ribs with a slotted spoon; cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, remove and discard bones. Shred pork with two forks; add to the sauce. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Shredded Pork Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p44
Reviews forShredded Pork Sandwich
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
"I've made these sandwiches several times and they are always a hit and never any leftovers."