Shredded Pork Sandwich Recipe
These mouthwatering country ribs get tender quickly under pressure. “Mom’s pressure cooker makes things easy for our family of three.”Anna Minegar, Zollo Springs, Florida.
- 3 to 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Place the ribs in a pressure cooker; add 4 cups water. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 25 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Combine the flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pressure cooker from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Remove ribs with a slotted spoon; cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, remove and discard bones. Shred pork with two forks; add to the sauce. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Shredded Pork Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p44
Reviews for Shredded Pork Sandwich(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
I've made these sandwiches several times and they are always a hit and never any leftovers.