Shredded Pork Barbecue Recipe
I was getting tired of grilling hot dogs and hamburgers at cookouts, especially if rain ruined our plans, so these sandwiches are a nice change. The pork mixture can be baked ahead of time and reheated before serving, so it's convenient as well. A big hit at baby showers and wedding receptions, it truly is a family favorite.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3-1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 to 14 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in pork. Cover and bake at 350° for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Shred pork with two forks; serve on buns. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Shredded Pork Barbecue
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC