Shredded Pork Barbecue
Pork shoulder roast is rubbed with seasonings and grilled, creating a crispy exterior that's lip-smacking good! The meat is moist by itself but can also be topped with your favorite barbecue sauce.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 3-1/2 hours + standing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each white pepper, paprika and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 16 hard rolls, split
- Barbecue sauce, optional
- Combine seasonings; rub over roast. Prepare grill for indirect heat,
- using a drip pan with 1 in. of water. Grill roast, covered, over
- medium-low heat for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Spoon 1/2 cup
- onto each bun; serve with barbecue sauce if desired. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (calculated without barbecue sauce) equals 354 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 454 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.