Shredded French Dip Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 8 to 10 French or Italian rolls, split
- Halve roast and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup, consomme, broth and bouillon; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and shred with two forks. Serve on rolls. Skim fat from cooking juices and serve as a dipping sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Shredded French Dip(23)
Sort By :
GREAT!! So good and so much better than store bought roast beef and package au jus mix! I just add a little cheese after it's on the buns and broil them. Fantastic!
This has been one of my "go to" easy meals, since it was first published. I still had kids at home, then, and EVERYONE loves it! Put this in my slow cooker before I left for work yesterday and shredded it, when I got home. We put it on our buns, added slices of cheese (pepper jack, this time) and set it under the broiler until the cheese melted. YUMMY!!!!! It only takes 2-3 minutes prep time--REALLY!! I highly recommend it!!!!
Gommy of 5 (and pending)
DELICIOUS!! Easy to prepare and very flavorful. My family absolutely LOVES this recipe!
Used a leaner roast. Absoluted tender and delicious.
I made this because it needed the least amount of preparation and ingredients...I was skeptical, but it was great! The rolls will make a difference though. My kids liked it with shredded Italian cheese melted on it.
More Recipe Collections
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >