Shredded French Dip
A chuck roast slow-simmered in a beefy broth is delicious when shredded and spooned onto rolls. Carla Kimball of Callaway, Nebraska serves the cooking juices in individual cups for dipping.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 8 to 10 French or Italian rolls, split
- Halve roast and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup,
- consomme, broth and bouillon; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low
- for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and shred with two forks. Serve on rolls. Skim fat from
- cooking juices; serve juices on the side for dipping.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 399 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 1,104 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.