Shredded Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 2/3 cup green onion strips (2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss the chicken, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, green onion and bean sprouts. Refrigerate. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Refrigerate. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss gently. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup equals 156 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Shredded Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.