Shredded Chicken Salad
This special salad is packed with hearty chicken, fresh produce and fantastic flavor. Best of all, it's good for you. So you can enjoy every flavorful bite.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 2/3 cup green onion strips (2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- In a large salad bowl, toss the chicken, lettuce, carrots, cucumber,
- green onion and bean sprouts. Refrigerate. In a small bowl, combine
- dressing ingredients. Refrigerate. Just before serving, pour
- dressing over salad and toss gently. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 156 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.