Shredded Beef Sandwiches Recipe
More Beef Slow Cooker Recipes »
- 3/4 cup cola
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 8 hoagie buns, split
- 1. In a measuring cup, combine the cola, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, vinegar, bouillon and seasonings; set aside. Cut roast in half. In a nonstick skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides.
- 2. Place onions in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat. Pour half of cola mixture over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Cover and refrigerate remaining cola mixture.
- 3. Remove meat from cooking liquid and cool. Strain cooking liquid, reserving onions and discarding the liquid. When meat is cool enough to handle, shred with two forks. Return meat and onions to slow cooker.
- 4. Combine ketchup and reserved cola mixture; [our over meat mixture and heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 sandwich equals 354 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.