Shredded Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 3/4 cup cola
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 8 hoagie buns, split
- In a measuring cup, combine the cola, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, vinegar, bouillon and seasonings; set aside. Cut roast in half. In a nonstick skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides.
- Place onions in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat. Pour half of cola mixture over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Cover and refrigerate remaining cola mixture.
- Remove meat from cooking liquid and cool. Strain cooking liquid, reserving onions and discarding the liquid. When meat is cool enough to handle, shred with two forks. Return meat and onions to slow cooker.
- Combine ketchup and reserved cola mixture; [our over meat mixture and heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This recipe turned out extremely dry. I followed everything, except I omitted the Worcestershire sauce and the cayenne pepper. I don't think it is necessary to brown the roast before placing in the crockpot. This just made for really dry, tough pieces of meat. I also would add more beef bouillon or some beef gravy to the beef in order to have more moisture. The meat had really good flavor, so the potential is there. I will make again, but with some adjustments to account for the dryness."
"This was so good! I made it for a work potluck and everyone loved it. I did cut down on th onion (used 1/2 an onion."
"What can i add ,Taste of Home has me covered.What a great mag."