"After ordering nachos in a couple of restaurants, I figured they would be a snap to make at home," related Donna McFarland of Eugene, Oregon. "This version, which calls for leftover roast, is also good with bell peppers added."
- 7 cups tortilla or nacho chips
- 1 cup shredded cooked beef
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Salsa, sour cream and guacamole, optional
- Arrange chips in an ungreased broiler-safe platter or 15-in. x 10 in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top with beef, cheese, tomatoes, olives and onions.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Shredded Beef Nachos in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p49
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Shredded Beef Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review