Shredded Beef Barbecue Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup each ketchup and water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a nonstick skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high heat; drain.
- Transfer roast to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the ketchup, water, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, celery seed and chili powder; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; shred with two forks and return to slow cooker. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each roll. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Shredded Beef Barbecue(4)
Sort By :
I did not have time to brown the roast beforehand. Cooked all day and turned out fabulous - perfect bbq flavor for my family & they loved it! Very easy to shred. I did omit water, too.
disappointing. did not really have much of a bbq flavor. it did shred nicely but we had to add bbq sauce to the sandwich to make it tasty.
Very easy. Thanks for the tip to omit the water. This fit in my 3-qt slow cooker with room to spare. I don't see how it could feed 12 people, though - it's more like 6 servings.
This is tasty! I don't use any of the water called for in this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >