Shredded Beef au Jus Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half and place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the water, bouillon granules and seasonings; pour over the beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove beef; cool slightly. Meanwhile, skim fat from the cooking liquid.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to the cooking liquid and heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each bun. Serve with additional cooking liquid on the side. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Shredded Beef au Jus(33)
Sort By :
I made Chicago-Style Beef Sandwiches last weekend and then this one to compare the two. The flavors were very similar but this one took less prep time. I will use both recipes but this one is definitely better if you're in a hurry because the meat does not get browned first and no veggies to chop. Very tasty!
I came across this recipe out of a need to not have to buy a packet of seasoning knowing it must not be to complicated to make my own "french dip" sandwiches. I am pleased with the flavor of this and will definately call it my new standard. I also added sliced onions and used garlic powder and a little salt since i was out of garlic salt. Thanks for publishing this one!!
i liked the flavoring in this dish, plus the ease of making. used sandwich rolls instead to make nice french dips.
It wasn't good or bad. I have better recipes for similar dish.
Just need to cook long enough to shred. Very good flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >