Shredded Beef au Jus
My mom found this recipe in a farm journal soon after she and my dad got married. The tender beef has been a family favorite for years, and my dad often requests it. —Danielle Brandt, Ruthton, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half and place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the
- water, bouillon granules and seasonings; pour over the beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove
- beef; cool slightly. Meanwhile, skim fat from the cooking liquid.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to the cooking liquid and heat
- through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each bun. Serve
- with additional cooking liquid on the side. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich with 1/4 cup liquid equals 411 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 889 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or