- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix water, bouillon granules and seasonings; pour over meat.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until tender. Remove beef; cool slightly. Meanwhile, skim fat from the cooking liquid.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, place meat on bun bottoms. Replace tops. Serve with additional cooking liquid on the side. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forShredded Beef au Jus
"YUMMY!!! I would give this more than 5 stars if allowed. This is SO delicious and the au jus is wonderful! I did use garlic powder andfresh rosemary. I did not think it was salty at all My husband said this is one of the best roast beef sandwiches he ever had. This recipe is a definite keeper!"
"Delicious and easy."
"Very good... I eliminated the salts and used garlic power and onion powder instead. I also added some sliced onions half way thru the cooking time."
"When I first started cooking I thought "oh no, it's so watery, doesn't look good". A few hours later the house was filled with an amazing aroma and the shredded meat was soooo good! I love how this takes literally 5 minutes to make and is absolutely delicious!"
"I made Chicago-Style beef Sandwiches last weekend and then this one to compare the two. The flavors were very similar but this one took less prep time. I will use both recipes but this one is definitely better if you're in a hurry because the meat does not get browned first and no veggies to chop. Very tasty!"
"I came across this recipe out of a need to not have to buy a packet of seasoning knowing it must not be to complicated to make my own "french dip" sandwiches. I am pleased with the flavor of this and will definately call it my new standard. I also added sliced onions and used garlic powder and a little salt since i was out of garlic salt. Thanks for publishing this one!!"
"i liked the flavoring in this dish, plus the ease of making. used sandwich rolls instead to make nice french dips."
"It wasn't good or bad. I have better recipes for similar dish."
"Just need to cook long enough to shred. Very good flavor."