- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix water, bouillon granules and seasonings; pour over meat.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until tender. Remove beef; cool slightly. Meanwhile, skim fat from the cooking liquid.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, place meat on bun bottoms. Replace tops. Serve with additional cooking liquid on the side. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Shredded Beef au Jus
Sort By :
"Very good... I eliminated the salts and used garlic power and onion powder instead. I also added some sliced onions half way thru the cooking time."
"Made this for dinner the other night, love the taste and it was so easy! Did add a sliced onion to it."
"When I first started cooking I thought "oh no, it's so watery, doesn't look good". A few hours later the house was filled with an amazing aroma and the shredded meat was soooo good! I love how this takes literally 5 minutes to make and is absolutely delicious!"
"I made Chicago-Style Beef Sandwiches last weekend and then this one to compare the two. The flavors were very similar but this one took less prep time. I will use both recipes but this one is definitely better if you're in a hurry because the meat does not get browned first and no veggies to chop. Very tasty!"
"I came across this recipe out of a need to not have to buy a packet of seasoning knowing it must not be to complicated to make my own "french dip" sandwiches. I am pleased with the flavor of this and will definately call it my new standard. I also added sliced onions and used garlic powder and a little salt since i was out of garlic salt. Thanks for publishing this one!!"