- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix water, bouillon granules and seasonings; pour over meat.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until tender. Remove beef; cool slightly. Meanwhile, skim fat from the cooking liquid.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, place meat on bun bottoms. Replace tops. Serve with additional cooking liquid on the side. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Shredded Beef au Jus
Sort By :
"Made this for dinner the other night, love the taste and it was so easy! Did add a sliced onion to it."
"When I first started cooking I thought "oh no, it's so watery, doesn't look good". A few hours later the house was filled with an amazing aroma and the shredded meat was soooo good! I love how this takes literally 5 minutes to make and is absolutely delicious!"
"I made Chicago-Style Beef Sandwiches last weekend and then this one to compare the two. The flavors were very similar but this one took less prep time. I will use both recipes but this one is definitely better if you're in a hurry because the meat does not get browned first and no veggies to chop. Very tasty!"
"I came across this recipe out of a need to not have to buy a packet of seasoning knowing it must not be to complicated to make my own "french dip" sandwiches. I am pleased with the flavor of this and will definately call it my new standard. I also added sliced onions and used garlic powder and a little salt since i was out of garlic salt. Thanks for publishing this one!!"
"i liked the flavoring in this dish, plus the ease of making. used sandwich rolls instead to make nice french dips."