Shredded Beef 'n' Slaw Sandwiches Recipe
"I have served these tangy, hearty sandwiches for family gatherings and to many a work crew. They have always gone over quite well.
- 4 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 30 sandwich buns, split
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring beef and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until tender.
- 2. Remove beef with a slotted spoon; shred with two forks and set aside. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, horseradish, mustard and salt. Add shredded beef and cabbage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- 3. Spoon 1/3 cup onto each sandwich bun. Yield: 30 sandwiches.
1 sandwich equals 322 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 831 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Shredded Beef 'n' Slaw Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC