Shredded BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Whatever group you’re cooking for, they’ll love these flavor-packed sandwiches. The beef is slow-cooked until tender, and the light, tangy barbecue sauce is mouthwatering.JoLynn Hill, Roosevelt, Utah
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 4 pounds)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 24 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion.
- Combine the next eight ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook
- on low for 8-9 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove roast and cool slightly; shred meat with two forks. Skim fat
- from cooking liquid. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using
- a slotted spoon, place 1/3 cup meat mixture on each roll. Yield: 24
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.