Shredded Barbecued Turkey Breast Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the chili sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in turkey; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 279 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Shredded Barbecued Turkey Breast Sandwiches
"I liked it but my other half did not."
"Excellent... I think the poor ratings noted by others were because they used the wrong ingredients. This was tasty and delicious; I will definitely make it again!"
"That is way too much chili sauce for our liking. It was too spicy to finish."
"Not very good. It was kind of dry, and not very tasty. Plus I accidentally bought ground turkey, so maybe that affected it."