Shredded Barbecued Turkey Breast Sandwiches Recipe
Try these sweet, tangy turkey sandwiches for a fun change from sloppy joes. You could also make them with pork or chicken. One of my best recipes ever! —Jamarr James, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the chili sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in turkey; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 279 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC