Shredded Barbecued Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup shredded or diced cooked pork
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 2. Add pork; cook and stir until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 406 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 938mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein .
Reviews for Shredded Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
"This was good but not outstanding. I doubled the recipe, used home made tomato sauce, and added 5 cups of meat. My husband enjoyed it but it was more like sloppy joes than barbecue to me. I like the sauce with a little more kick. Don't think hot sauce or anything added would make it right."