Shredded Barbecued Pork Sandwiches Recipe
A sweet yet tangy barbecue sauce flavors the juicy, shredded pork in these savory sandwiches from Mary Goff of Rowlesburg, West Virginia.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup shredded or diced cooked pork
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 2. Add pork; cook and stir until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 406 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 938 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC