Shredded Barbecued Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup shredded or diced cooked pork
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 2. Add pork; cook and stir until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 406 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 938mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Shredded Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
"This was good but not outstanding. I doubled the recipe, used home made tomato sauce, and added 5 cups of meat. My husband enjoyed it but it was more like sloppy joes than barbecue to me. I like the sauce with a little more kick. Don't think hot sauce or anything added would make it right."