A sweet yet tangy barbecue sauce flavors the juicy, shredded pork in these savory sandwiches from Mary Goff of Rowlesburg, West Virginia.
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup shredded or diced cooked pork
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Add pork; cook and stir until heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Pork Sandwiches in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p57
Reviews for Shredded Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review