Shredded Barbecued Beef Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 12 to 16 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast on all sides in 1 tablespoon oil. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onions in remaining oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients except rolls; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over roast. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours; turn the roast and bake for 2 more hours or until meat is very tender. Remove roast; shred with a fork and return to sauce. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Shredded Barbecued Beef
Sort By :
"tried this when it came out in the magazine about 10 years ago and it has been a raving favorite since!"
"Very tasty! I loved it!"
"Great recipe! It is perfectly seasoned easy to prepare. My whole family raved about i!"
"This is a great recipe! My husband, mom, and I loved it! Thanks for sharing!!!"