Shredded Barbecue Beef Sandwiches Recipe
I like to serve these mouthwatering sandwiches with a side of coleslaw. The homemade barbeque sauce is exceptional…and it's wonderful for dipping! —Bunny Palmertree, Carrollton, Mississippi
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef eye round roast (3-1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 sandwich buns, split
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Pour half of mixture into a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle beef with salt; add to slow cooker and top with remaining broth mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is tender. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup beef mixture on each bun. Top with pickles if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Shredded Beef Sandwiches in Country April/May 2008, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Shredded Barbecue Beef Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2013
This is my family's go to recipe for a busy night. Great flavor! Loved by all!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >