- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef eye round roast (3-1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 sandwich buns, split
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Pour half of mixture into a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle beef with salt; add to slow cooker and top with remaining broth mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat is tender. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup beef mixture on each bun. Top with pickles if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forShredded Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
"The beef was excellent, with or without the buns. I might recommend skimming some of the fat from the sauce before storing for leftovers."
"This is my family's go to recipe for a busy night. Great flavor! Loved by all!"
"I don't have a sweet tooth by any means, but my husband & I found this to be slightly on the sour side. I ended up adding a little extra brown sugar & we both liked it much better that way the next day."
"Yes it is great"
"This has a nice flavor, not too bold or overwhelming. It's even better the next day for lunch."
" Thank you! "
"Some people do like salt. I would add it."
"963 mg sodium is obscene and ridiculous. No recipe needs additional salt (1 tsp!) that contains canned beef broth (super salty), Worcestershire and steak sauces & ketchup!"