This quick and yummy strawberry dessert is loaded with fresh strawberries and a creamy pudding topping. Make sure you make plenty—it disappears quickly. —Christine Johnson, Ricetown, Kentucky
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; let stand for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; set aside.
- Cut cake into 14 slices. Layer seven cake slices with 2 tablespoons strawberries, 1/3 cup pudding mixture and another cake slice. Top with remaining strawberries and whipped topping. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Shortcut Strawberry-Vanilla Dessert in Country Extra July 2010, p46
Reviews for Shortcut Strawberry-Vanilla Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review