Shortcut Shortcake Recipe
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (15 ounces) cream-filled sponge cakes
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional strawberries, halved, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; set aside. Slice sponge cakes in half lengthwise; place filling side up in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread pudding over the top.
- 2. Arrange sliced strawberries over pudding. Spread whipped topping over berries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Garnish with strawberry halves if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 215 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Shortcut Shortcake
"This was really good. I made it for my nephew's birthday and everyone like it."
"This is an awesome recipe. It always gets compliments and requests for it at gatherings."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.