Fresh strawberries, instant pudding and Twinkies make this shortcake fast and flavorful. "Even my son-in-law, who usually doesn't like dessert, enjoys this one," says Jo Smith of Camden, Arkansas.
Recommended: 20 Super Cool Icebox Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (15 ounces) cream-filled sponge cakes
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional strawberries, halved, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; set aside. Slice sponge cakes in half lengthwise; place filling side up in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread pudding over the top.
- Arrange sliced strawberries over pudding. Spread whipped topping over berries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Garnish with strawberry halves if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Shortcut Shortcake in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p62
Reviews forShortcut Shortcake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2011
"This was really good. I made it for my nephew's birthday and everyone like it."
Reviewed May. 2, 2009
"This is an awesome recipe. It always gets compliments and requests for it at gatherings."