- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (15 ounces) cream-filled sponge cakes
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional strawberries, halved, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; set aside. Slice sponge cakes in half lengthwise; place filling side up in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread pudding over the top.
- Arrange sliced strawberries over pudding. Spread whipped topping over berries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Garnish with strawberry halves if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Shortcut Shortcake in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p62
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Shortcut Shortcake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2011
This was really good. I made it for my nephew's birthday and everyone like it.
Reviewed May. 2, 2009
This is an awesome recipe. It always gets compliments and requests for it at gatherings.