- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (15 ounces) cream-filled sponge cakes
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional strawberries, halved, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; set aside. Slice sponge cakes in half lengthwise; place filling side up in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread pudding over the top.
- Arrange sliced strawberries over pudding. Spread whipped topping over berries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting. Garnish with strawberry halves if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Shortcut Shortcake
Sort By :
This was really good. I made it for my nephew's birthday and everyone like it.
This is an awesome recipe. It always gets compliments and requests for it at gatherings.