- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans or frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked ditalini or other small pasta
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook sausage, pepper and onion over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Add green beans, water, kidney beans, tomatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Stir in ditalini; cook, uncovered, 10-11 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Shortcut Sausage Minestrone
"Hearty and simple soup - almost more like a chili because of how hearty it was. Only reason I rated it a 4 was because of the simple flavor profile - perfect for the person that doesn't want a lot of spice/seasoning in their food...but unfortunately, I'm not that person! If I make this one again, I'll probably add a teaspoon or 2 or Italian Seasoning to see if that was the missing link for me."
"This is really tasty soup! It was easy start to finish, The soup made for a nice lunch this afternoon. I used zucchini instead of green pepper (personal preference) and canned beans from my pantry, cannellini beans. This is a delicious soup! I will be using in my soup rotations this Fall and Winter!"