Shortcut Sausage Lasagna Recipe
"My family and friends love this great tasting lasagna," writes Cindy Moore of Rhinelander, Wisconsin. "The recipe is almost foolproof. Best of all, there's no need to precook the noodles."
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Crumble the sausage into a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, onion, green pepper, water, olives and salt.
- 2. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish, layer 1-1/3 cups meat sauce, three noodles, 1/2 cup ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 21-24 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 square: 443 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1091mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein .
Reviews for Shortcut Sausage Lasagna
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC