- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 envelopes (1-1/2 ounces each) spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) vegetable juice
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (16 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce mix and vegetable juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Cover the bottom of a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with a thin layer of meat sauce. Layer with three lasagna noodles, one-third of the cottage cheese, one-third of the mozzarella cheese and one-third of the remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Shortcut Lasagna in Country Ground Beef 1993, p44
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Shortcut Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review