Shortcut Lasagna Recipe
My mother and I have been making this lasagna for more than 15 years. The "shortcut" is not having to cook the noodles first, so it's not only quick and easy, but also delicious. My husband and our three children all love it when we have this for dinner.—Jeannette Anderson, Lake Village, Indiana
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 envelopes (1-1/2 ounces each) spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) vegetable juice
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (16 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce mix and vegetable juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Cover the bottom of a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with a thin layer of meat sauce. Layer with three lasagna noodles, one-third of the cottage cheese, one-third of the mozzarella cheese and one-third of the remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Shortcut Lasagna in Country Ground Beef 1993, p44
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Shortcut Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review