Shortcut Brunswick Stew Recipe
—Eva Still, Crescent, Oklahoma
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; with a slotted remove to paper towels to drain. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in the soup, 1-1/4 cups water, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; bring to a boil. Add beans and corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Crumble bacon; add to stew. Stir in chicken. Combine cornstarch with the remaining water; gradually stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 395 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 7g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Shortcut Brunswick Stew
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC