Shortcut Brunswick Stew
Eva Still, Crescent, Oklahoma
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 bacon strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; with a slotted remove to
- paper towels to drain. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir
- in the soup, 1-1/4 cups water, Worcestershire sauce and pepper;
- bring to a boil. Add beans and corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Crumble bacon; add to stew. Stir in chicken. Combine cornstarch with
- the remaining water; gradually stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 395 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 29 g protein.