- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; with a slotted remove to paper towels to drain. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in the soup, 1-1/4 cups water, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; bring to a boil. Add beans and corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Crumble bacon; add to stew. Stir in chicken. Combine cornstarch with the remaining water; gradually stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shortcut Brunswick Stew in Country Woman January/February 1995, p35
Reviews for Shortcut Brunswick Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review