The mother of my shortcakes recipe was necessity. I needed a quick way to use up a bounty of wild berries that we picked on a family camping trip one summer.Kenna Robinson, Sault Ste Marie, Ontario
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries and/or raspberries, thawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 12 thin slices angel food cake
- In a large bowl, combine berries and sugar; set aside. Prepare the
- whipped topping mix according to package directions. Top cake slices
- with berries and whipped topping. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 230 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.