Shortcake for 50 Recipe
- 10-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 8 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, 2-1/4 cups sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in cream and water just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Combine berries and remaining sugar.
- 3. To serve, cut shortcakes horizontally; spoon about 1/3 cup berries and whipped cream on bottom halves. Replace tops; top with another 1/3 cup of berries and additional cream. Yield: 50 servings.
1 each: 270 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Shortcake for 50
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.