I live in Missouri, but many of my "family tradition" recipes come from New Zealand. My parents moved there when I was 1, and that's when I grew up, so some have a "Down Under" heritage.
These special-occasion cookies bring back warm memories of my childhood, and I'm going to make sure they're passed on to the next generation in my family...no matter where they live!
60 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, cornstarch and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture
- and mix well. Roll dough into a 15x2x1-in. rectangle; chill.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place 2 in. apart
- on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with a fork. Bake 10-12 minutes or
- until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.