I live in Missouri, but many of my "family tradition" recipes come from New Zealand. My parents moved there when I was 1, and that's when I grew up, so some have a "Down Under" heritage.
These special-occasion cookies bring back warm memories of my childhood, and I'm going to make sure they're passed on to the next generation in my family...no matter where they live!
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well. Roll dough into a 15-in. x 2-in. x 1-in.
- rectangle; chill.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with
- a fork. Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes. Don't overbake, cookies
- will not brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 113 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.