Here's a traditional shortbread recipe that's perfect with a cup of hot tea or coffee. It's a favorite during the holidays.
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed
- Pat into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Pierce
- several times with a fork. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Cut while warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 154 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.