You'll need just five everyday ingredients to stir up a batch of these bite-size cookies from Ruth Whittaker of Wayne, Pennsylvania. Although they don't cost much—a mere 4¢ they're rich and melt-in-your-mouth good.
21 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour and cornstarch;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 11-13 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield:
- 7 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 each) equals 125 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.