Shortbread Meltaways Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Shortbread Meltaways(2)
Sort By :
Ultimate in yummy!!
This was a good little cookie. I made a half batch since 7 dozen cookies seemed like a lot. Used my cookie trigger scooper that measures 1.25" across & it gave me 2 dozen decent sized cookies. Didn't alter the baking time. Great texture. I'd never made cookies without eggs before & this was a real treat.