For a change from ordinary lemon bars, we added orange peel to both the crust and filling and turned the recipe into a tart. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- For filling, in a blender, combine the eggs, lemon juice, sugar and orange peel. Cover and blend on high until smooth. Add butter; cover and process on high just until smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, almonds, lemon peel, orange peel and butter; cover and process until mixture forms a ball. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Shortbread Lemon Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p88
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Shortbread Lemon Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review