- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- For filling, in a blender, combine the eggs, lemon juice, sugar and orange peel. Cover and blend on high until smooth. Add butter; cover and process on high just until smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, almonds, lemon peel, orange peel and butter; cover and process until mixture forms a ball. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Shortbread Lemon Tart
Sort By :
THIS PIE WAS AWESOME
Agree with previous reviewer -I found this recipe so easy to make and it tastes so good! I made it in a glass pie dish and it kept together and sliced well.
I made this recipe for the first time tonight to take to dinner with friends. I chose it because it was easy and I had all the ingredients. It was a big hit with everyone, not too tart or too sweet, but with just the right amount of flavor. The crust was very light and flavorful. The entire piece held together well when cut. It could probably be made in any pie pan as well, as it didn't seem to stick at all. I will definitely make this again.