- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- For filling, in a blender, combine the eggs, lemon juice, sugar and orange peel. Cover and blend on high until smooth. Add butter; cover and process on high just until smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, almonds, lemon peel, orange peel and butter; cover and process until mixture forms a ball. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Shortbread Lemon Tart
Sort By :
"Haven't tasted it yet since it just came out of the oven. . . I don't know as if I'd make this again because of the crust. . . I don't have a food processor, I tried my magic bullet that didn't work. I didn't use my blender because - well I had made the filling in it. . . I tried my smaller food chopper/processor and that didn't work so I finally resorted to combining the crust by crumbling with my fingers . . . the "dough" never became a ball . . . I finally ended up just dumping it in the pie plate and pressing it out to fit. I suspect that when I go to serve it tomorrow the crust will crumble away but it is too late to plan something else. I feel like I would have done better just making a sugar cookie crust and rolling it out like a pie crust. I did use pre ground almonds so I adjusted the flour a bit to compensate for that. The filling smells wonderful though."
"Not rating as I've not made it as of yet. but have a question....Ooops has to be rated first.Has anyone ever made this using Splenda?"
"Easy and delicious."
"THIS PIE WAS AWESOME"
"Agree with previous reviewer -I found this recipe so easy to make and it tastes so good! I made it in a glass pie dish and it kept together and sliced well."