- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, and lemon and orange peel. Add butter; cover and process until mixture forms a ball.
- Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly browned.
- In a large bowl,combine all the filling ingredients. Pour over hot crust. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Spread over filling.
- Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into bars just before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Shortbread Lemon Bars
Sort By :
"I made these today using all fresh ingredients. I added toasted crushed pecans to the shortbread and added a homemade blackberry compote for a topping on top of sour cream. Looks delish and can't wait to taste them after dinner tonight. Wish I could attach a picture."
"Just finished making this. The sour cream layer has not set and I cooked it for extra time. I hope after cooling and overnight refridgeration it will set. Haven't tasted it yet, so we will see!"
"Can I just say these are the best lemon bars I have ever eaten? Fabulous! I put some in the freezer so I can get my fix every few days."
"This is too delicious for words. My grandchildren absolutely love them and beg for more."
"Very tasty! Loved the the tangy filling. Used powdered sugar as the topping . Very simple but very appetizing."