Shortbread Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, and lemon and orange peel. Add butter; cover and process until mixture forms a ball.
- Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly browned.
- In a large bowl,combine all the filling ingredients. Pour over hot crust. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Spread over filling.
- Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into bars just before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Shortbread Lemon Bars(19)
Sort By :
This is too delicious for words. My grandchildren absolutely love them and beg for more.
Very tasty! Loved the the tangy filling. Used powdered sugar as the topping . Very simple but very appetizing.
My husband loves lemon anythings. I used toasted coconut in the crust. I toasted the coconut in a pan on the stove. about a cup (we love coconut) Then I only used about one cup of flour and the coconut. The crust dough was very sticky. I solved the problem by dusting the dough with flour then pressed it in the pan. (I used
parchment paper) I had to also use the old bottled lemon juice (didn't want to go to the store) It was still very good. Will probably make this lots.
These are very good, nice lemon flavor. I did change the base a bit a few times by processing some toasted coconut and replacing half the flour with the fine ground coconut. Adds a great flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >