These flaky cookies melt in your mouth. Dipped in chocolate, they look festive.—Barbara Birk, St. George, Utah
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water and extract
- until mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut with a lightly floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate for 30
- Bake at 325° for 13-16 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool
- completely. Dip one side of cookies in candy coating; allow excess
- to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about
- 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 171 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium,