I found this recipe in a magazine over 30 years ago and have made the cutouts for Christmas ever since. Four ingredients make them an oh-so-simple recipe to whip up during the hectic holidays.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Colored sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in.
- thickness. Cut with floured 2- to 3-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with colored
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks
- to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.