- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour until well mixed. Divide dough in two balls; flatten each ball into a 1-in.-thick disc and wrap each in plastic wrap. Dough will be soft. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- On a floured surface, roll out one portion of dough at a time to a 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 325° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Remove from the oven and immediately prick cookies randomly with a fork. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Shortbread Cutouts in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p74
Reviews for Shortbread Cutout Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review