Short Ribs with Plums Recipe
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water, divided
- 15 pitted dried plums
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the meat in oil over medium heat. Remove meat; keep warm. Add onion to the drippings. Saute onion until tender, scraping the pan to loosen browned bits; drain. Add the salt, browning sauce if desired, pepper, 3/4 cup water and dried plums. Bring to a boil; return meat to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Remove meat; keep warm.
- 2. Skim fat from the pan. Combine the cornstarch and the remaining water until smooth. Stir into pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thicken. Serve with ribs and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 303 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 629 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Short Ribs with Plums
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.