Shoofly Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside 1/3 cup for topping. In another bowl, combine milk and molasses. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. In a small bowl, combine sugar and reserved pancake mix mixture. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 198 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Shoofly Coffee Cake
"If I were to make this again, I would definitely use a LIGHT molassas and check with a toothpick after about 20 min."
"So easy and so good!"