Shoepeg Corn Supreme
Dress up canned corn with green pepper, cream of celery soup and cheddar cheese for a deluxe side dish. With a butter-flavored cracker coating, this comfort food is sure to disappear in a hurry.—Linda Roberson, Collierville, Tennessee
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute green pepper,
- onion and celery in oil until tender. Remove from heat; stir in
- corn, soup, sour cream, cheese and pepper. Transfer to a greased
- 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake,
- uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 339 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 724 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.