Dress up canned corn with green pepper, cream of celery soup and cheddar cheese for a deluxe side dish. With a butter-flavored cracker coating, this comfort food is sure to disappear in a hurry.—Linda Roberson, Collierville, Tennessee
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute green pepper, onion and celery in oil until tender. Remove from heat; stir in corn, soup, sour cream, cheese and pepper. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Shoepeg Corn Supreme in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p50
Reviews for Shoepeg Corn Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2012
"My husband and I liked this recipe a lot! I couldn't find shoepeg corn so I used white corn instead. Tasted wonderful!"