Shoepeg Corn Side Dish Recipe
I took this dish to a potluck and everyone asked for the recipe. If shoepeg corn isn't available in your region, then regular canned corn works well in this recipe, too.—Gloria Schutz, Trenton, Illinois
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup French-fried onions
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with onions during the last 15 minutes of cooking. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Shoepeg Corn Side Dish
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2012
"A lot of ingredients, but kind of a mushy concoction when done. It was okay, but probably would opt for plainer, fresh veggies instead for company."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC